17 Divas : Dish about Celebrity, Reality TV, Entertainment & More!

Read our rants on reality tv, celebreality, celebrity, entertainment, movies, television, pop culture, fashion and other snarky tid-bits.

Photobucket

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Oscar Detox

I didn't mind Charlize's hair but thought overall it was a little too much with the horrible dress. I didn't even know it was green until eonline told me. I thought it was like someone wrapped her in a battleship.

Reese's dress was good but not great, and suffered from a fit problem, again good from waist up but it wasn't taken in enough to keep her from looking like a Christmas tree.

Jessica Alba -- stunning, but no purpose for being there. Michelle Williams, although Michelle's overall look was a bit too "period" for me -- but I loved the dress and the bold lip color. Unfortunately Heath was looking a little like that SNL character that says "ai yois mio!" with his facial hair.

Keira's necklace and eye makeup lost me. Too dark and distracted from the gorgeous lines of her dress. And I was totally creeped out seeing her sitting next to Jack Nicholson. Uma Thurman was my winner for absolute stunner. Right dress, right hair -- and her skin was luminous. Salma Hayek was a close second. Although I get annoyed everytime I am reminded how she went back to her old accent after she got really really famous. I think it took her 15 minutes to just say the nominees.

I thought both Aniston and Swank's dresses were boring and safe for the academy awards. Although Swank definitely looked better. I love Rachel Weisz, and thought that dress was better than that horrid gold number she wore to the SAG awards.

I was surprised how well-dressed Meryl Streep was for a change. I also thought Catherine Keener's brown dress was lovely, and that Maggie Gyllenhaal was surprisingly well-dressed. I was pleasantly pleased as well that Nicole Kidman appeared to have laid off the Botox at least for the evening so she could smile and wear her hair down. But I gave her whole look (as well as fellow Aussie Naomi Watts) a thumbs down, Nicole has worn that dress shape at least a dozen times before in different colors (grey and lavender to name two).

I also thought Jennifer Garner's dress made her look pregnant again. But she had a great slip and fall recovery.

George Clooney -- yum. But I thought he looked noticeably disappointed when they panned to him immediately following Crash's double win. His speech in the press room later was hilarious though (he was joking about how he has seen Ang Lee badmouthing people all over town, etc. and how he hates him).

I did love both Reese's and Philip Seymour Hoffman's speeches. I was appalled that the Crash people never thanked their cast.

Jon Stewart -- I thought he was a little reined in, and his funniest comments were about piracy and how several women couldn't afford enough dress to cover themselves, and then later in the show when he kept remarking about the best song winner (its hard out here for a pimp) -- I especially liked the Scorsese Zero, 3-whatever 1 comment.

I also thought the opening montage was fairly funny. Particularly with Billy Crystal and Chris Rock. Lauren Bacall was kind of sad. I couldn't tell whether she had too much to drink or has started exhibiting palsy symptoms. And the montages with no point were a little annoying by the third one.

I loved dolly parton -- never thought I'd live to see that one, even if her outfit was horribly tacky (she looked way better sitting in the audience, even a better wig then). Naomi's intro of her was heart-felt though.

-diva1 out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home