17 Divas : Dish about Celebrity, Reality TV, Entertainment & More!

Read our rants on reality tv, celebreality, celebrity, entertainment, movies, television, pop culture, fashion and other snarky tid-bits.

Photobucket

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

My Oscar takes

First, I'm soooo annoyed it went so over on time. My DVR didn't record it, so it cut off as Reese was walking up. :( But I was impressed by the clips of her speech I caught this morning.

Worst look of the night goes to Helena Bonham Carter- what a hot mess!! But she can always be counted on for dressing spectacularly badly.

I'm more disappointed in those who SHOULD know better... Yes, I mean you Charlize. WTF?? The Witches Rivers can try to explain to little old bumkin me that it looked great in person, but I don't care. From where I was sitting it was a hidious 80's flashback. Not classic. Not regal. Very Falcon Crest.

Naomi was also a miss for me. Actually looked ok during the preshow interviews, but on stage, she looked pregnant and naked. Not good. But I LOVED her intro for Dolly. So sweet and genuine.

Loved Keira's dress, make-up, and necklace. Just not all together!! The dress was amazing. But the hair was sooooo bad. The color is horrible. The style actually looked ok in some of the still shots I saw, but looked like she was coming back from the gym while on the red carpet.

I loved JLo's look too. Too tan for sure, but the dress was stunning on her. Although, I'm starting to wonder if the color wasn't actually a touch "off" and that's why she had to go overboard on the tanning. And she missed a spot! Have you seen the stills? Hilarious. Loved Salma, but something about that dress was slightly off to me, too. Great color and neckline, but it needed some readjustment.

I hated Jenifer Aniston's look! The bodice of the dress was nice and the necklace was spectacluar. But overall it said to me "still recovering from divorce"!

Ditto for Hillary. Too thin, too boring. But she's having personal problems too, so I won't bash too much! LOL

Oh, and I hate, hate, hated Felicity Huffman's entire look! Hair and m/u too severe, as was the black dress. And her bony chest was just creepy. (shudder)

I adored Michelle Williams' entire look! She looked so fresh and vibrant in the sea of black and beige. Separately, I don't know if the dress and lipstick would have worked, but together, she was stunning.

I loved Clooney's speech. He is so the man.

Alba- gorgeous from the tits up, but her skinny little arms were freakin' me out. And she so doesn't deserve to be at the Oscars. Didn't get that at all. I also loved Stewart's hosting. Waaaaay too many montages. WTF??

My heart broke for Lauren Bacall. Unlike Liz Taylor's flub a few years ago, Bacall still has enough of her wits about her to be embarassed that she f-ed up. She seemed to be getting really flustered and annoyed. I felt so bad for her. I got the feeling she left the stage and ripped someone a new one- whether they deserved it or not. Loved Lily and Streep's intro for Altman.Altho Lily was clearly better at the style than Streep. Which was even more funny.

Have only seen a few pics of Uma. Can't decide how I feel. I like how glow-y she looked.But the eye make-up wasn't quite right. Too much? Too smudgy? Can't be sure.

-diva2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home