17 Divas : Dish about Celebrity, Reality TV, Entertainment & More!

Read our rants on reality tv, celebreality, celebrity, entertainment, movies, television, pop culture, fashion and other snarky tid-bits.

Photobucket

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Diva2 in the house, daaaaaaaaawg!!!

This has been an action packed week of reality TV for me. I got to catch up on last week's AI, that I missed while basking in the Caribbean sun. Then before I knew it, it was time for this week's Idol AND I finally got to catch my first episode of this cycle of America's Next Top Model. Phew!

I was sooooo excited to see the Stevie Wonder night. I'll admit, I'm a total dork- I got tears in my eyes. Too bad none of the singing lived up to the promise of Mr. Wonder or the contestants' excitement. I think Randy was onto something, Stevie songs may just be too hard at this point in the competition.

Oh, but this week those kids really hit the jackpot- Barry Freakin' Manilow!!!!!! I'm not a Fanilow or anything, but there is no ignoring that the man is a musical genius. Stevie is too, don't get me wrong. But Barry is the man who started his career helping to build the careers of other singers.

I think it was totally due to his genius and hardwork that this week's show totally kicked ass. I was glad the contestants acknowleged how much he did for them. I wish the judge's had too.

My quick takes, starting with my top 3:

Mandisa- unbelievable. Blew me away. Brilliant. Except the hair was a little much. But the dress was genius. She had been on stage a whole 30 seconds before I exclaimed "damn, she's big"- usually it takes less than 1 sec.

Paris- also brilliant. For once I even liked her outfit.

Chris- his singing was a bit off, but his choice of song and execution was amazing. I still find his eyes oddly dead or something. But I love him, don't get me wrong.

My 3 that I love but wasn't as blown away by their performances:

Taylor- love love love him. But he's got to pick a song that actually shows off his voice at some point.

Elliot- very good, but I felt he was pitchy. Anyone else? But then again, so was Chris.

Katherine- very very good, but the top 3 were so good, she gets pushed to the second tier.

Then the 2 that I don't like but was pleasantly suprised by their performances:

Ace- brilliant song choice and arrangement. I really don't like him, but I'll give him his due- that was a great take on a classic. And it sounded like he came up with the idea, not Barry, which is shocking 'cause Ace don't strike me as a genius in any department. But he's still better off than our very "special" contestant:

Kellie- good golly I dislike this girl. But her performances get better every week (well, except for last week!). Her rendition of Walkin' was original and hot. But, come on, could the girl BE any stupider??? "I thought he was calling me a jacket..." "Look at the pickle!" etc etc etc. Wow, how did this girl even find the audition site. How does she drive? Dress herself? And clearly she doesn't know how to apply blush. Yikes.

My bottom 3 (I swear I thought this before the results show proved that America and I agree on something)

Bucky was OK. Lots of energy, but he just doesn't have the voice the others do. And he ain't no Bo Bice.

Kevin- one of his best performances, but still he just isn't as good as the rest.

Lisa- she's a child star. She's boring and trying too hard. And I resent that I think her mom is my age. And if she isn't, she's still hotter than I am. Which hurts even more.

As far as Kevin's leaving, I really liked him, but I'm glad he's gone. I would have been fine with any of my bottom 3 leaving and I think it is just a matter of time before they do. I'm just glad we didn't have a repeat of last year where someone with clearly less talent than the others sticks around WAY too long because people feel sorry for him *cough* Scott *cough*.

Dearest fiance thinks Paris is destined to win. I think that is a possibility, but I'm not so sure.

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL!!! Woo hoo!!! Finally, I get to see this cycle. Except, what the hell, did they hijack the short bus for this year's contestants??? I'm not sure I can watch every episode with the same joy I had in years past. We'll see.

Ok, Diva2 OUT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home