17 Divas : Dish about Celebrity, Reality TV, Entertainment & More!

Read our rants on reality tv, celebreality, celebrity, entertainment, movies, television, pop culture, fashion and other snarky tid-bits.

Photobucket

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

In a Pickle(r)

Sooooo, I'm listening to "Bad Day" by Daniel Powter. It seemed fitting given how hard Ace has been trying, when only a DAY after an only slightly-BAD performance, and following a performance by a rock legend who always looks like he got up on the wrong end of a BAD one DAY bender, he was defeated by a blond with a perennial BAD hair DAY, who had a truly BAD outing (day). Some day indeed. (And yes, I think even I've defeated how many times I can use the song title in a run-on sentence.)

As we all know, I'm not a perennial Ace Fan. And yet, Tuesday was the first time I didn't find his falsetto to be like nails on a chalk board. AND I agreed with Randy (for the first time ever, perhaps) that he should have done the whole song in falsetto to make it extra special, instead of just a rehash of Adam Sandler in the Wedding Singer. Check it out, that is THE first song Sandler sings in that hilarious 80s tribute -- in fact, I was sort of waiting for Alexis Arquette to take the stage following Ace and rock out ... Duh Duh, Do You Really Want To Huuuurt Me???

Apparently, America's Voters do. Another Tuesday of Pickler butchering America's song book, and another Wednesday of cutie-pie Paris crying (I mean really, how many people could she have been THAT close to when her mother is present at EVERY SINGLE ACTIVITY -- its almost worse than Lisa Tucker's mom singing along in the audience ....) might put me over the edge, no matter how cute Taylor, Elliott and McHottie continue to be.

Lest I forget to mention my tops for Tuesday, it was All Elliott, All The Time. I completely disagreed with Simon, and truly felt like he cut loose and seemed happy on stage for the first time. Clsoe second was Taylor, whose ending was STUNNING. I had goosebumps for both.

Grouch out,
Diva 1

ps -- Show you should all be watching: Cheerleader Nation -- bring it on, on crack, with a touch of showbiz moms to boot!

pps -- a shout out to ABC for finally bringing ALIAS back! The two hours (which were totally under-hyped) were riveting enough to keep my attention and I was digging the ultra short commercials. More please!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home